NEW DELHI: Addressing a public rally in Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday lashed out at the opposition parties for spreading lies on the recently introduced Citizenship Amendment Act and said that the new legislation has nothing to do with the Muslims of India.
Some of the key points that PM Modi addressed were :-
1. Lie being spread that I brought law to snatch people’s rights, it will not stand.
2. I request the youth of the country to read the Act in detail and not to fall prey to the rumors of detention-centers being spread by Urban Naxals and Congress
3. People were incited, those in high positions shared fake videos.
4. Modi asks people at Delhi rally to stand up to show respect for Parliament and lawmakers who passed Citizenship (Amendment) Bill.
5. Some political parties spreading all kinds of rumours, misleading people and stoking their emotions against citizenship law.
6. We have never asked anyone if he goes to temple or mosque when it comes to implementing our schemes.
7. I dare rivals to find anything discriminatory in my work, says Modi, citing his govt’s various development programmes.
8. Modi accuses rivals of creating fear and chaos, and trying to defame India abroad.
9. My rivals should burn my effigy if they hate me but they should not target the poor.
10. Amended citizenship law has nothing to do with Indian citizens.
11. We had a chance to expose Pakistan’s discrimination against minorities but it was lost due to our rivals’ politics.
12. Dalits, who came here from Pakistan, among beneficiaries of citizenship law; why you can’t see their pain: Modi to critics.
13. Two weeks ago, a daughter was born at Majnu-ka-tila who was named ‘nagarikta’. I want to ask miscreants & people engaged in remote control politics, if lives of ‘nagarikta’ & her parents become easy, if problem of any citizen of country is solved, why does it pain you?
14. There is a very simple difference, an infiltrator never reveals his identity and a refugee never hides his identity. Many of these infiltrators are coming out and speaking. Why don’t they speak the truth? They are scared that their reality will come out.
15. NRC came at the time of Congress. Were they sleeping then? We neither brought NRC in cabinet nor in Parliament. If we’re passing a legislation to give you ownership rights, in the same session will we bring a legislation to send you out?
16. Former PM Manmohan Singh said in the Parliament that we should provide citizenship to the refugees coming from Bangladesh who have been religiously persecuted.
17. “Mamata didi went from Kolkata to UN. Few years back, she was pleading before Parliament that infiltrators coming from Bangladesh should be stopped. Didi what has happened you? Why did you change? Why are you spreading rumours? Elections come and go. Why are you scared?”